OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

Hi NG,

ich steuere einen OKI Drucker ber ESC Sequencen an um Etiketten zu
bedrucken.

Das bedrucken der Etiketten funktioniert einwandfrei, auch die
Seitenl?nge der Etiketten.

Leider will jetzt der Kunde, da? auf der Etikette eine Zeile ungef?hr
mit der Schriftgr??e 36 gedruckt wird. ber ESC Sequencen gibt es
jedoch nur CPI 10, 12, 15.

Gibt es eine M?glichkeit die Schriftg??e entsprechend zu ?ndern.

Beim bedrucken der Etiketten ber den Quickreport gibt es zu viele
Probleme, Seitenvorschub usw.

Vielen Dank fr eure Hilfe

Martin

Re:OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

Hi,
can you please speak English here? 99% of all people here (including me)
don't speak German.

----------------
http://users.pandora.be/koen.van.baelen
----------------

Martin Stemplinger wrote in message ...
>Hi NG,

>ich steuere einen OKI Drucker ber ESC Sequencen an um Etiketten zu
>bedrucken.

>Das bedrucken der Etiketten funktioniert einwandfrei, auch die
>Seitenl?nge der Etiketten.

>Leider will jetzt der Kunde, da? auf der Etikette eine Zeile ungef?hr
>mit der Schriftgr??e 36 gedruckt wird. ber ESC Sequencen gibt es
>jedoch nur CPI 10, 12, 15.

>Gibt es eine M?glichkeit die Schriftg??e entsprechend zu ?ndern.

There may be escape codes that double the width and/or height
of the printed text. But that's about as far as it'll go.
Face it, you are trying to drive today's hardware with yesterday's
tools.

(Oh, and more than one in a hundred people here do understand
German, really. My guess is Koen is Flemish - even he should be
able to read it.)

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

You can often pick up the "Gist" of the question just from a few keywords.
I'm learning German in school at the moment so it's a good exercise for me
to try and read German posts :)

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

"Maarten Wiltink" <maar...@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message

> >Leider will jetzt der Kunde, da? auf der Etikette eine Zeile ungef?hr
> >mit der Schriftgr??e 36 gedruckt wird. ber ESC Sequencen gibt es
> >jedoch nur CPI 10, 12, 15.

> >Gibt es eine M?glichkeit die Schriftg??e entsprechend zu ?ndern.

Print it as graphics.

> There may be escape codes that double the width and/or height
> of the printed text. But that's about as far as it'll go.
> Face it, you are trying to drive today's hardware with yesterday's
> tools.

Shouldn't that be yesterday's hardware with today's tools?

PR

peterr wrote in message <3dbccedf$0$18...@hades.is.co.za>...
>"Maarten Wiltink" <maar...@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message

>> >                                   ... ber ESC Sequencen ...
>> Face it, you are trying to drive today's hardware with yesterday's
>> tools.

>Shouldn't that be yesterday's hardware with today's tools?

No. Although he doesn't say it, I strongly suspect that the
OKI printer is a laser printer. Instead of using GDI printing
as Windows wants you to, he's trying to bash it into line
by sending escape codes to it that were developed to control
matrix printers of the 1980s (might have been 1970s).

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:08:18 +0100, "Maarten Wiltink"

<maar...@kittensandcats.net> wrote:

<snip>

>No. Although he doesn't say it, I strongly suspect that the
>OKI printer is a laser printer. Instead of using GDI printing
>as Windows wants you to, he's trying to bash it into line
>by sending escape codes to it that were developed to control
>matrix printers of the 1980s (might have been 1970s).

I'll bet the OKI is a matrix printer

They are extremely robust printers and still widely used.

> peterr wrote in message <3dbccedf$0$18...@hades.is.co.za>...
> >"Maarten Wiltink" <maar...@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message

> >> Face it, you are trying to drive today's hardware with yesterday's
> >> tools.

> >Shouldn't that be yesterday's hardware with today's tools?

> No. Although he doesn't say it, I strongly suspect that the
> OKI printer is a laser printer. Instead of using GDI printing
> as Windows wants you to, he's trying to bash it into line
> by sending escape codes to it that were developed to control
> matrix printers of the 1980s (might have been 1970s).

I see how you look at it. I assumed a dot-matrix printer, still
frequently used for cost reasons, and the ability to handle
continuous stationery. Why on earth would somebody want
to control a GDI printer via ESC codes?

PR

Re:OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

If you have the OKI manual, you can program the escape sequence codes
and send them to the printer bypassing the windows print manager. You
will need a tool like TAsciiPrinter available at
http://www.siliconoffice.com/components/products.htm

It is not too expansive and works well.

Best regards.

Alain

>Hi NG,

>ich steuere einen OKI Drucker ber ESC Sequencen an um Etiketten zu
>bedrucken.

>Das bedrucken der Etiketten funktioniert einwandfrei, auch die
>Seitenl?nge der Etiketten.

>Leider will jetzt der Kunde, da? auf der Etikette eine Zeile ungef?hr
>mit der Schriftgr??e 36 gedruckt wird. ber ESC Sequencen gibt es
>jedoch nur CPI 10, 12, 15.

>Gibt es eine M?glichkeit die Schriftg??e entsprechend zu ?ndern.

>Beim bedrucken der Etiketten ber den Quickreport gibt es zu viele
>Probleme, Seitenvorschub usw.

>Vielen Dank fr eure Hilfe

>Martin

Re:OKI über ESC Sequencen ansteuern

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:44:07 +0100, Alain Reymond

<alain.reymond-bla...@ceia.com> wrote:
>If you have the OKI manual, you can program the escape sequence codes
>and send them to the printer bypassing the windows print manager. You
>will need a tool like TAsciiPrinter available at
>http://www.siliconoffice.com/components/products.htm

>It is not too expansive and works well.

But to use the OpenPrinter API is a damn sight cheaper
- also under ones own control

>Best regards.

>Alain

>>Hi NG,

>>ich steuere einen OKI Drucker ber ESC Sequencen an um Etiketten zu
>>bedrucken.

>>Das bedrucken der Etiketten funktioniert einwandfrei, auch die
>>Seitenl?nge der Etiketten.

>>Leider will jetzt der Kunde, da? auf der Etikette eine Zeile ungef?hr
>>mit der Schriftgr??e 36 gedruckt wird. ber ESC Sequencen gibt es
>>jedoch nur CPI 10, 12, 15.

>>Gibt es eine M?glichkeit die Schriftg??e entsprechend zu ?ndern.

>>Beim bedrucken der Etiketten ber den Quickreport gibt es zu viele
>>Probleme, Seitenvorschub usw.

>>Vielen Dank fr eure Hilfe

>>Martin

Other Threads