Get tag info from MPEG audio files?

Anyone have a working example or tips on how to do this? (I only need
to read title information).

Thanks,
Jarle Aasland

Re:Get tag info from MPEG audio files?

I believe the id3 tag info is in the last 120 bytes or so, somewhere in them
is TITLE to let you know the title is coming

but I think there's som id3 tag reading component on some mp3 site like
www.mp3.com or so

HTH
  Roel

Roel Spapens wrote in message <75895e$...@news.tue.nl>...
>I believe the id3 tag info is in the last 120 bytes or so, somewhere in
them
>is TITLE to let you know the title is coming

'TAG' = 3 bytes
Title = 30 bytes
Artist = 30 bytes
Album = 30 bytes
Year = 4 bytes
Comment = 30 bytes (or Comment = 29 bytes and track = 1 byte)
Genre = 1 byte
= 128 bytes

Look at this page for information about ID3v2, and some info/links to ID3v1
and ID3v1.1
http://www.id3.org/

-Vegar

>but I think there's som id3 tag reading component on some mp3 site like
>www.mp3.com or so

>HTH
>  Roel

>Jarle Aasland <jaas...@online.no> wrote:
>> Anyone have a working example or tips on how to do this? (I only need
>> to read title information).

>> Thanks,
>> Jarle Aasland

Other Threads