printer.abort leaves printer.printing TRUE??????

I have been using D1, on a Win3.11 machine.  I created a small app that has a
button on a form.  Print manager is enabled, no items in the print queue,
current printer is HP Laserjet.  The onclick event for the button executes:

printer.beginDoc;
printer.abort;

now, press button two times.  First one no exception.  Second one exception
'printing in progress' or some such silly message.  status of printer.printing
is true, which is what causes the exception. Does anybody know what's causing
this?  Shouldn't printer.abort reset the value of printer.printing to false?

Brad
BEVERNON