Help! - WSAAsyncGetHostByName 32bit vs 16bit

I'm writing an application that calls WSAAsyncGetHostByName to find a
computers address.  If I compile the application under Delphi 1.0 it
performs as expected.  If I compile the very same code under Delphi
2.01 the application bombs at this call.

Note: I'm running Windows95 with a dial-up connection and a network
card.  I am trying to lookup a local computer address while connected
to the Internet when this call bombs.  If I close the dial-up
connection the application will perform the lookup correctly.  The
Delphi 1.0 version runs fine either way!
Any ideas?

Re:Help! - WSAAsyncGetHostByName 32bit vs 16bit

Hello Walt,

You may need to make a change in the unit you are using when compling you app in 32 bit.  If I remember correctly, 16 bit uses:

WINSOCK.DLL and 32 bit uses WSOCK.DLL

HTH,
Kashmir

In article <58qksj$...@gretle.intersource.com>, wswh...@kiva.net says...

>I'm writing an application that calls WSAAsyncGetHostByName to find a
>computers address.  If I compile the application under Delphi 1.0 it
>performs as expected.  If I compile the very same code under Delphi
>2.01 the application bombs at this call.

>Note: I'm running Windows95 with a dial-up connection and a network
>card.  I am trying to lookup a local computer address while connected
>to the Internet when this call bombs.  If I close the dial-up
>connection the application will perform the lookup correctly.  The
>Delphi 1.0 version runs fine either way!
>Any ideas?

Other Threads