Is the Delphi RAD pack worth it?

In article <DKMqA8....@iquest.net> col...@iquest.net (Charles Oliva) writes:
>Has anyone purchase/used the Delphi RAD pack?  Is it worthwhile?

Certainly the VCL source-code is worth its weight in platinum, and although
I'm not frequently using the VBXes I'm certainly glad to have them.  If you
don't have tools like Resource Workshop then that's certainly valuable.

It's a decent, if a bit unimaginative, companion product, and if you can see a
reasonable need for it then go for it.

/mr/

Re:Is the Delphi RAD pack worth it?

col...@iquest.net (Charles Oliva) wrote:
>Has anyone purchase/used the Delphi RAD pack?  Is it worthwhile?

The de{*word*81} alone is worth its weight in gold.  Using the de{*word*81}
that is intergrated into the IDE, I have been getting numerous GPF's
in TOOLHELP.DLL and PASDBK16.DLL while tracing my program, however,
when using Turbo De{*word*81}, the GPF's don't happen.    Its also nice to
have the source code around for the Components so you can see how they
implemented a control.

I haven't used much more of it.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Re:Is the Delphi RAD pack worth it?

Has anyone purchase/used the Delphi RAD pack?  Is it worthwhile?

Re:Is the Delphi RAD pack worth it?

Delphi Informant Reviewed it.
I do not own it, but have heard from a couple of people who have.

Basically, NO.  Look elsewhere for a better bang for your buck.

HTH

In article <DKMqA8....@iquest.net>, col...@iquest.net says...

>Has anyone purchase/used the Delphi RAD pack?  Is it worthwhile?

Kirk Wolak
KWo...@mail.cbf.com
//
// Const ViewsExpressed = "My own and not those of the company I work for!";
//

sund...@primenet.com (Sundial Services) wrote:
>In article <DKMqA8....@iquest.net> col...@iquest.net (Charles Oliva) writes:

>>Has anyone purchase/used the Delphi RAD pack?  Is it worthwhile?

>Certainly the VCL source-code is worth its weight in platinum,

Yes, but you can purchase just that for some $50.

>and although I'm not frequently using the VBXes I'm certainly glad to have them.
>If you don't have tools like Resource Workshop then that's certainly valuable.

I agree on that, but have those already as part of C++...

Jasper

"The only thing I know for sure
 is that I don't know much...  "

Other Threads