Newby question regarding chart components

Hello all!

I just started to work with Delphi and need some help:

I am looking for a chart component to plot xy data (measurements over time).
More than that, I want to implement some dragabel crosshairs and use their
position (relative to the plot) to set the bounds for other subplots of the
same dataset (e.g. at different scalings) and to set some thresholds to
trigger events, e.g. like "measurement above limit" or something like that.
Thus, I need to convert the crosshairs coordinates within the form to
coordinates relativ to the displayed data. Also, it would be nice to be able
to implement some kind of a lable for each of  the (visible) plotted
measurement popping up whenever the mousepointer gets close to the related
point in the plot. Here, I want to use this feature to display some
additional information related to that measurement. Last but not least, I
would like to get the components source code to be able to extent them in
case of futher needs.

Since my application might run over a long timeperiod continuously reading
out large amounts of datasets from some logfiles, I would be very thankful
for any suggestions on a small and well suited component having no memory
leaks.

Regards,
Holger.

Re:Newby question regarding chart components

Hello Holger,

You may want to take a look at our Iocomp Plot Pack VCL/CLX components for
C++ Builder, Delphi, and Kylix.  Our iPlot component appears to satisfy your
needs.

Full source code is included, and we are always welcome to suggestions about
additional features that you would like to see.
--
Cheers,
Patrick Carroll

"Holger Zwingmann" <z...@p3-solutions.de> wrote in message

> Hello all!

> I just started to work with Delphi and need some help:

> I am looking for a chart component to plot xy data (measurements over
time).
> More than that, I want to implement some dragabel crosshairs and use their
> position (relative to the plot) to set the bounds for other subplots of
the
> same dataset (e.g. at different scalings) and to set some thresholds to
> trigger events, e.g. like "measurement above limit" or something like
that.
> Thus, I need to convert the crosshairs coordinates within the form to
> coordinates relativ to the displayed data. Also, it would be nice to be
able
> to implement some kind of a lable for each of  the (visible) plotted
> measurement popping up whenever the mousepointer gets close to the related
> point in the plot. Here, I want to use this feature to display some
> additional information related to that measurement. Last but not least, I
> would like to get the components source code to be able to extent them in
> case of futher needs.

> Since my application might run over a long timeperiod continuously reading
> out large amounts of datasets from some logfiles, I would be very thankful
> for any suggestions on a small and well suited component having no memory
> leaks.

> Regards,
> Holger.

Re:Newby question regarding chart components

Holger,
you might also have a look at Rt-Tools2D
http://rt-science.de/components.html .
It should be possible, with some help of me, to meet your needs.

regards Horst

Re:Newby question regarding chart components

Hi Horst,

> http://rt-science.de/components.html .

... results in page not found

using http://www.rt-science.de/components.html looked much better

regards,
Chris Ueberall;
--
posted with XanaNews 1.15.2.7

Re:Newby question regarding chart components

Hy Chris,
thanks for the correction.
Too much stress....

regards Horst