A couple of Indy TCP component problems

Hi,

I have some niggling problems with a connection between a basic TCP client and server:

- I'm unable to set the send and receive buffer sizes and IOHandler in my TIdPeerThread
descendant's Connection - doing this closes the connection immediately.
Is this possible? ISTM I should be able to treat it just like a client socket.

- When I close a client socket with Disconnect(), I don't get an exception in the thread
using it, or from the server's peer thread, but "Connection closed gracefully" msgboxes
at both ends. Where are these generated, and how can I handle this event?

- Why is it so difficult to see what a server's up to? There's no ConnectionCount property,
there's no Connections array property of clients, and in the D7 version
TIdThreadMgr.TerminateThreads() isn't even implemented, forcing me to mess with the
threadlist myself!! After using Borland's server socket, this is a real pain.

Thanks.

Re:A couple of Indy TCP component problems

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:19:32 +0930, Michael Warner <m...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>- When I close a client socket with Disconnect(), I don't get an exception in the thread
>using it, or from the server's peer thread, but "Connection closed gracefully" msgboxes
>at both ends. Where are these generated, and how can I handle this event?

Please ignore this one - my stupid error :-)

<m...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> >- When I close a client socket with Disconnect(), I don't get an

exception in the thread
> >using it, or from the server's peer thread, but "Connection closed

gracefully" msgboxes
> >at both ends. Where are these generated, and how can I handle this

event?

Not quite as stupid as my post from yesterday, which contained
nothing of any interest whatsoever.  I hit 'send' instread of
'close'.  Serves me right for logging on after the pub.  What I was
trying to say was that I do get exceptions on close/disconnect, but,
as you've already fixed your problem, I guess this post is about as
useful as the last one.

Rgds,
Martin :)

Other Threads