TidAntifreeze and TidFTP

hi, I have some questions

1. How to use TidAntifreeze ? Just put it in the form and make it active, or
I must call doprocess procedure ?

2. I use TidFTP in my program. The program become freeze while waiting for
connection to the server . How to avoid this ? I use TidAntiFreeze, but the
result is same.

thank you

Re:TidAntifreeze and TidFTP

> 1. How to use TidAntifreeze ? Just put it in the form and make it
> active, or I must call doprocess procedure ?

Just put it on the form. You might want to implement it's event handlers or
not: your call.

> 2. I use TidFTP in my program. The program become freeze while waiting
> for connection to the server . How to avoid this ? I use TidAntiFreeze,
> but the result is same.

Uses version 9.

Good luck,
Stephane.

Re:TidAntifreeze and TidFTP

David:

Try setting your TIdAntiFreeze component's OnlyWhenIdle property to False.

--------------------
Regards,
Steve Moss, CoCo Systems Ltd.

"Stephane Grobety" <grob...@fulgan.com> wrote in message

> > 2. I use TidFTP in my program. The program become freeze while waiting
> > for connection to the server . How to avoid this ? I use TidAntiFreeze,
> > but the result is same.
> Uses version 9.

 > Good luck,

> Stephane.

It still not work. I use Indy version 9, set TIdAntiFreeze component's
OnlyWhenIdle property to False and Active property to True, but my
application still freeze until I got connection or an exception.
I look in Indy FTPdemo, it's look like have the some problem .Try to connect
to unknown server ( to give you time to doing something with your
application while it's to try to connect). The application going to freeze
until it raises an exception.

Please help
Thank's

"David" <da...@kaha.com> wrote in news:3bff0c22_2@dnews:

> It still not work. I use Indy version 9, set TIdAntiFreeze component's

Do you have a current version of 9?

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

IntraWeb - True RAD Development for the web
http://www.pbe.com/IntraWeb

"Kudzu" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in message

> "David" <da...@kaha.com> wrote in news:3bff0c22_2@dnews:
> > It still not work. I use Indy version 9, set TIdAntiFreeze component's

> Do you have a current version of 9?

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
> Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
>       "Programming is an art form that fights back"

I use version 9.0.2-B. Is there a newer version ???

"David" <da...@kaha.com> wrote in message news:3c02e9fb_1@dnews...
> > > It still not work. I use Indy version 9, set TIdAntiFreeze component's
> > Do you have a current version of 9?
> I use version 9.0.2-B. Is there a newer version ???

The most recent version of Indy is always on the FTP server at
ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com.  It contains any mods since the most
recent packaged release.

If the most recent web site release is Indy 9.0.2B (it is right now), the
FTP server will contain the equivalent of Indy 9.0.2B-Patched or Indy
9.0.3B-Pre-Release.

hth...

Other Threads