How restart BDE / unlock DBase-Tbl?

Hi, i am using BDE 5.01 with Dbase-Tables. Ocasionally there are
crashs of the BDE, and I would like to bring the BDE back to life. How
can I remove the BDE from the System? How can I restart the BDE then?
The other question is: How do I unlock the DBase Tables, if the BDE
keeps them locked (although there are no users using it, the BDE
rejects any attempt, saying 'table in use'). When I copy the DBF Table
to another folder, BDE easily connects them, so I assume it is not
written in the Table, but the BDE keeps a list of 'open' Tables
somewhere. I guess that deleting any *.lck or *.net Files is not the
right way, as this might only apply to paradox / Interbase tables
(please correct me), and I didn't find any of these on my machine.

So please, 1) how can I bring the engine back to proper working in
win2k and 2) how can I unlock these locked dbase-tables.

Any answer, even telling me there is no other way than restarting
win2k (imagine  it could be a server!) is highly appreciated, though
I'd prefer the other ones ;-)

Tom

Re:How restart BDE / unlock DBase-Tbl?

Tom

You are right.  You must restart W2K.  If the Delphi app crashes W2K keeps
the lock, if you are using NTFS.  The BDE is simply reporting the OS lock.
So you need to reset the computer.

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

"Tom" <tom.ander...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> Hi, i am using BDE 5.01 with Dbase-Tables. Ocasionally there are
> crashs of the BDE, and I would like to bring the BDE back to life. How
> can I remove the BDE from the System? How can I restart the BDE then?
> The other question is: How do I unlock the DBase Tables, if the BDE
> keeps them locked (although there are no users using it, the BDE
> rejects any attempt, saying 'table in use'). When I copy the DBF Table
> to another folder, BDE easily connects them, so I assume it is not
> written in the Table, but the BDE keeps a list of 'open' Tables
> somewhere. I guess that deleting any *.lck or *.net Files is not the
> right way, as this might only apply to paradox / Interbase tables
> (please correct me), and I didn't find any of these on my machine.

> So please, 1) how can I bring the engine back to proper working in
> win2k and 2) how can I unlock these locked dbase-tables.

> Any answer, even telling me there is no other way than restarting
> win2k (imagine  it could be a server!) is highly appreciated, though
> I'd prefer the other ones ;-)

> Tom

Other Threads