D5 and Oracle8 : CLOB locator error

Hello

We are migrating our program from Delphi4 to Delphi5. When using Delphi4,
BDE 5.1 and Oracle8 Client/Server everything was
working fine, but now we get problems with CLOB fields when trying to use
Delphi5.

When using TUpdateSQL's we get a 'CLOB locator' error. If you change the
Insert and Update statements it is working fine, but
this statement doesn't work in Delphi 4 (error inconsistent datatypes).

insert into ORDERS
  (COMPANY, TEXTTOP)
values
  (:COMPANY, EMPTY_CLOB())
   RETURNING TEXTTOP
   INTO :TEXTTOP

Is there a way to generate these new insert and update statements
automaticaly or is it possible to use another tric for CLOB
fields ? Is this an Oracle or a Delphi bug and should we change our SQL
statements again when migrating to Delphi 6 ? Every information is welcome.

Thanks in advance
Greetings

Stefan
Stefan Cruysberghs