Bug using DBGrid w/ Menu Designer?

I am trying to implement a basic edit menu (cut, copy and paste) on a form
where the only active control is a DBGrid.

I am using SendMessage(ActiveControl.Handle, WM_CUT, 0, 0); (using Cut as an
example).

Curiously enough, if I disable the three menu options, the shortcut keys
ctrl/x, ctl/c and ctrl/p work in the DBGrid.

I've used this same menu code with no trouble on a form with a DBMemo
component, so it seems the problem is only with DBGrid.

Is this a bug?  Is there a work-around?  Or am I just missing something
obvious?

Thanks for the help,
Stuart Kohler
<skoh...@aol.com>