Install Problem - Error Merging

I just installed Delphi 4 and an install that I had with a Delphi 3 disk
stopped working.  I then installed the new IS Express from the D4 disk and
rebuilt the install.  I am getting an error merging.  Then it gets an error
initializing BDE with error $3E06.  What should I do to resolve this?   I
cannot gointo BDE from the Control Panel as it gets the error initalizing or
I would add the alias manually.

Thanks--
Michael Akin

Re:Install Problem - Error Merging

$3E06 is, "Cannot load language driver". That sounds like the BDE did not
get completely installed or else the registry entries did not get created.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Install Problem - Error Merging

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:28:40 -0500, "Mike Akin" <a...@theshop.netNOSPAM>
wrote:

>rebuilt the install.  I am getting an error merging.  Then it gets an error
>initializing BDE with error $3E06.  What should I do to resolve this?   I
>cannot gointo BDE from the Control Panel as it gets the error initalizing or

Michael, when you load the project into Express for Delphi4, untick the BDE
option, save the project, and then retick the BDE option and set up your
aliases again. This resets the BDE object to include BDE 5.0, not BDE 4.51.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:Install Problem - Error Merging

I tried your suggestion this morning, which I also thought of this weekend,
and I am not getting the merging error, however, I AM still getting the
"initializing BDE with error $3E06."

Do you have any further suggestions?

>option, save the project, and then retick the BDE option and set up your
>aliases again. This resets the BDE object to include BDE 5.0, not BDE 4.51.

Re:Install Problem - Error Merging

I got it, I had to go into the file groups and delete a remaining BDE group.

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:07:44 -0500, "Mike Akin" <a...@theshop.netNOSPAM>
wrote:

>I got it, I had to go into the file groups and delete a remaining BDE group.

I'm glad it is working for you ;)

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Other Threads