Access 97 native driver versus ODBC access

Hello!

I have done this test:
with an Access97 database and with a table of 3000 records I executed
this sentence: 'SELECT * FROM Articulos'.
With the native driver it took 31 seconds to be completed and using
ODBC it took 0.650 seconds!

With native driver, it retrieves all the records and with ODBC only
retrieves a few, but it works the same!

I am using BDE 4.51 with native driver for Access 97 and I will
continue using the ODBC driver.

Re:Access 97 native driver versus ODBC access

Hi David,

Your timing report is quite strange. Since I'm using native Access97 driver,
I have made same kind of test immediatly, beeing afraid by your information.
A similar query on a 6000 records table replies immediatly (and I have not a
Penta Pentium II 500 MHz !!!!), even when I click on the last record button
of the DB Navigator. I would be interested in any information about this, if
any.

Regards
Eric

David Sancho a crit dans le message <34a23e9a.437...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hello!

>I have done this test:
>with an Access97 database and with a table of 3000 records I executed
>this sentence: 'SELECT * FROM Articulos'.
>With the native driver it took 31 seconds to be completed and using
>ODBC it took 0.650 seconds!

>With native driver, it retrieves all the records and with ODBC only
>retrieves a few, but it works the same!

>I am using BDE 4.51 with native driver for Access 97 and I will
>continue using the ODBC driver.

Re:Access 97 native driver versus ODBC access

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:02:20 +0100, "Eric PASCUAL"

<Eric_PASC...@compuserve.com> wrote:

I don't know if I have something wrong, but I repeated the test and
get the same timing. I have BDE 4.51 and Delphi 3.0. The problem is
that it retrieves to local all the records!!

Is there any way to reconfigure this?

Also, with the native driver I can't get the views of Access, only
shows me the tables.

>Hi David,

>Your timing report is quite strange. Since I'm using native Access97 driver,
>I have made same kind of test immediatly, beeing afraid by your information.
>A similar query on a 6000 records table replies immediatly (and I have not a
>Penta Pentium II 500 MHz !!!!), even when I click on the last record button
>of the DB Navigator. I would be interested in any information about this, if
>any.

>Regards
>Eric

Re:Access 97 native driver versus ODBC access

If yuo want to see the view present in uour access DB with the native driver
yuo must use the TstoredProc component. It work only if yuo don't use
parameter.
If yuo want to use parameter yuo have to change Dbtables.pas.

In TStoredProc.PrepareProc Replace

  Check(DbiQPrepareProc(DBHandle, Buffer,  FParams.Count ,
    PSPParamDesc(FParamDesc), nil, FStmtHandle));

with

  Check(DbiQPrepareProc(DBHandle, Buffer,  0 ,
    PSPParamDesc(FParamDesc), nil, FStmtHandle));

Other Threads