SQL problem with TQuery

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996 13:03:32 +0100, Manuel Araque <mara...@mot.upv.es>
wrote:

>Ive been trying to create an SQL sentence with the function SUBSTRING,
>but its been impossible for me do make it work. Can anybody post me an
>example of a SQL sentence in a TQuery component with that function.
>The table I want to query is a Dbase table.
>Thanks.

Using the sample Paradox table COUNTRY.DB, extracting a substring of the
first three characters from the Name column:

  SELECT C."NAME", SUBSTRING(C."NAME" FROM 1 FOR 3)
  FROM "COUNTRY.DB" C

Steve Koterski                  "Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of
Product Group Manager           results. I know several thousand things
Delphi Technical Support        that won't work."
Borland International, Inc.                    -- Thomas Edison, 1847-1931

Re:SQL problem with TQuery

Ive been trying to create an SQL sentence with the function SUBSTRING,
but its been impossible for me do make it work. Can anybody post me an
example of a SQL sentence in a TQuery component with that function.
The table I want to query is a Dbase table.
Thanks.

Other Threads