Problem reading dbase III files - corrupt table/index header

can't open dbase III files - error message is: "unable to open table-
corrupt table/index header". I welcome any suggestions to overcome this
rather huge problem for me. How can the header information be
read/altered?
cheers.

Re:Problem reading dbase III files - corrupt table/index header

In <4r90sm$...@newsgate.dircon.co.uk>, media...@dircon.co.uk (Andy Baiden) writes:

>can't open dbase III files - error message is: "unable to open table-
>corrupt table/index header". I welcome any suggestions to overcome this
>rather huge problem for me. How can the header information be
>read/altered?
>cheers.

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem with Paradox 5.0 for Windows and with Delphi.
I Suppose that there is something wrong with DBE ?

Anybody ?

AJL

Antti J. Lind
anttij.l...@outokumpu.fi

Re:Problem reading dbase III files - corrupt table/index header

Borland has a TI on dBase headers.  Also, the dBase manuals have a section
which explains, byte by byte, the contents of the headers for dBase II
through V.

I've had to use Norton Disk Edit several times over the years to go in and
alter the header part.  No hard, just make sure you make a copy first.

Brandon

Other Threads