Access violation in quick reports

Hello,

I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
362E3662"

Does someone know the cause of the error and how I can remedy this error

By the way: sometimes I get very strange errors I the reports

Problem occurs on win 95 en W2K maybe also on another Oses. Bat I don't have
test this. I use Delphi 5 with update pack 1.

Thanks in advance.

Selmar.

Re:Access violation in quick reports

Selmar Leeuwenburgh wrote:

> I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
> close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
> violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
> 362E3662"

I don't use any of those new Quickreport versions. But I believe you should
find a lot of references to QR Preview problems with Google search

> Does someone know the cause of the error and how I can remedy this error

Another good and free tool is MemProof http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/memproof.asp
I have used it succesfully to find and trap some kinky Access Violation
errors.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Access violation in quick reports

Hi

Selmar Leeuwenburgh wrote:
> I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
> close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
> violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
> 362E3662"

Try inserting an Application.ProcessMessages either before or after (or
both) the report.Preview. That should help for some reason. I think
qusoft even wrote that in their FAQ.

Ciao, Jan

--

Jan Schnackenberg: s...@fh-wedel.de
                    j...@schnackenberg.org oder .net

Re:Access violation in quick reports

Thanks for your advice.

I am for the moment try to understand you to use memproof from :
http://www.poboxes.com/astoyanov/index.htm. When this didn't works I can use
the try..except..end. I knows this works.

Regards,

Selmar.
"Selmar Leeuwenburgh" <s.leeuwenbu...@nospam.nl> schreef in bericht

> Hello,

> I have the following strange problem with quick reports. Sometimes when I
> close the quickreport preview I get the following error mention: "Access
> violation at address 00499F68 in module InvPro1.exe. read of address
> 362E3662"

> Does someone know the cause of the error and how I can remedy this error

> By the way: sometimes I get very strange errors I the reports

> Problem occurs on win 95 en W2K maybe also on another Oses. Bat I don't
have
> test this. I use Delphi 5 with update pack 1.

> Thanks in advance.

> Selmar.

Other Threads