64k file size limit, override

How can i 'override' the 64k file size limit in TCustomMemo?

--
 Ketil Myhre Ring
 kmr...@online.no

Re:64k file size limit, override

Ketil,

You can't if you're running under Win95; it's a limitation of the
operating system (parts are still 16-bit, and 64K was a segment
limit in 16-bit Windows). This limit doesn't exist under WinNT,
though, because the Edit control under NT is 32-bit.

You might try switching to a TRichEdit; it doesn't suffer from this
limitation under Win95 or NT.

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

: kmr...@online.no (Ketil Myhre Ring) wrote:

>How can i 'override' the 64k file size limit in TCustomMemo?

The official limit is 32k and it is built right into the operating
system (Windows 95, Windows 3.1).

--
mailto:Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:64k file size limit, override

Of course you could try Orpheus by Turbopower. They advertise a 16MB text
editor as one of their features, as well as validated fields, unlimited
listboxes, full source, excellent support.

Reach them at www.turbopower.com
Bill Burt, Jr.
BBur...@AOL.COM

BBurtjr wrote:

> Of course you could try Orpheus by Turbopower. They advertise a 16MB text
> editor as one of their features, as well as validated fields, unlimited
> listboxes, full source, excellent support.

... and it works, exactly as they advertise.

... and they support it, exactly as advertised.

... and if I had to buy it again, as I do from time to time, I would.

Turbopower's software is not for the faint of heart or the uninitiated,
but if you have a firm grasp of what it is trying to do and how it is
trying to do it, you won't find a bug in it.

Other Threads