Saving of picture as GIF or JPG in Delphi

I want to save a picture (BMP or others) as a GIF or JPG file in an
Delphi application.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Regards Orjan

orjan.tv...@bygg.ntnu.no

Re:Saving of picture as GIF or JPG in Delphi

?rjan Tveit wrote:

> I want to save a picture (BMP or others) as a GIF or JPG file in an
> Delphi application.

> Any clues would be appreciated.

> Regards Orjan

Orjan,

There is a simple BMP to GIF sample on the net.  I don't remember where
I got it, but it's stored as BMP2GIF.ZIP.  This works for translating a
256-color BMP to a GIF87A format file.  It includes source code.

HTH

Derek

=D8rjan Tveit wrote:
> =
> I want to save a picture (BMP or others) as a GIF or JPG file in an
> Delphi application.
> =
> Any clues would be appreciated.
> =
> Regards Orjan
> =
> orjan.tv...@bygg.ntnu.no

Hi,
We sell a jpeg compression and/or decompression component development
tool.  http://www.jpg.com/devproduct.html  for info or contact
aran...@jpg.com for an eval copy.  We do offer discounts for
educational, non-commercial use.
Happy holidays,
jack  =

-- =

Jack Berlin - 813-875-7575 x303  FAX 813-875-7705 jber...@jpg.com
http://www.jpg.com/ - Pegasus Imaging Corp - the BETTER JPEG people!

Re:Saving of picture as GIF or JPG in Delphi

?rjan Tveit <Orjan.Tv...@Sam.Sintef.No> wrote in article
<32B6927E.1...@Sam.Sintef.No>...

> I want to save a picture (BMP or others) as a GIF or JPG file in an
> Delphi application.

Jpg-tiff-Gif_twain FAQ

If you are a professional programmer the best solution is to buy a third
part VCL  library like

Imagelib (prices from 139$) from Skyline Tools

or
  the component package    from Jack Berlin

You will save a lot of time (and consequently money) and you will obtain  .
The Trial version of Imagelib can be downloaded from   Delphi Super Page

and is also

If  you need a free (or very cost effective) solution and are ready to
overcome some problems there are other possibilities.

1)For Jpg files exist a freeware library of units pasjpeg.zip from Jacques
Nomssi that can be downloaded from DelphiSuperPage .

I have not tried it personally but other people referred that work quite
well, however is not a component but a library of functions tranlated from
C  by Jacques Nomssi and is not extremely easy to use.

There is also a viewer  mviewijg.zip created by Detlef Meister and based on
the library of Jacques Nomssi,the quality of the output is good and the
source of the code is included.
 With   the code there are also the units for the decompression of other
graphic formats, (like GIF), unfortunately  the code is not  object
oriented (there aren't components ) and you will need of some time for find
what you need in a maze of units, (unfortunately the comments of the code
are in Deutche but the code is readeble also withouth comments).

2) For the GIF file format there is the freeware gifcode.zip  by Richard
Shotbolt available at Delphi Super Page and the viewer of Detlef Meister .

3)There is a free package of  OCX controls  for image manipulation and
TWAIN acquisition produced by WANG software for Microsoft.
You can download it from Wang   or from Microsoft.
The good news about this package is that,  also if not is a native delphi
component, is very easy to use and install and that will be distributed by
Microsoft with the next release of Win95 and WinNT .

The Drawbacks are that with those ocx the jpeg files can be read  but not
saved .Moreover the quality of the decompression of Jpeg files is IMHO
sligtly inferior of the quality of the output obtained with the other
packages.

Other Threads