Indy UDP on Terminal Services or Multi Session (2nd POST)

I  have a UDP client on a form that is open when the Application opens.

The problem is if I open more than 1 copy, or the app is open on Terminal
Services I get msg's about "Cannot Bind to Port XXXX"

How can I get around this?

Daniel

Re:Indy UDP on Terminal Services or Multi Session (2nd POST)

its a problem with the fact the component is not binding to an existing port
that
is already in service on the PC but is trying to initiate another stream wth
that
same port.
   maybe what you need is a DLL file that  opens the port once have all
instances
 pass to it..
   the Info about the socket can be saved in a MappedFile so that it becomes
common for all processes that use the DLL>
Daniel Jeffrey wrote:
> I  have a UDP client on a form that is open when the Application opens.

> The problem is if I open more than 1 copy, or the app is open on Terminal
> Services I get msg's about "Cannot Bind to Port XXXX"

> How can I get around this?

> Daniel

Re:Indy UDP on Terminal Services or Multi Session (2nd POST)

hm, on 1 machine every port can be bound only 1 time (afaik).
so you should change ports for every instance of your programm.

rk

Daniel Jeffrey schrieb:

> I  have a UDP client on a form that is open when the Application opens.

> The problem is if I open more than 1 copy, or the app is open on Terminal
> Services I get msg's about "Cannot Bind to Port XXXX"

> How can I get around this?

> Daniel

Re:Indy UDP on Terminal Services or Multi Session (2nd POST)

I am sorry but this isnt a answer that helps me.

There must be a way around this?

I need to run a app that has a UDP client on Terminal Services, surley there
is a way to do this?

Dan

"Rocco Kreutz" <kre...@kgo-consulting.de> wrote in message

> hm, on 1 machine every port can be bound only 1 time (afaik).
> so you should change ports for every instance of your programm.

> rk

> Daniel Jeffrey schrieb:
> > I  have a UDP client on a form that is open when the Application opens.

> > The problem is if I open more than 1 copy, or the app is open on
Terminal
> > Services I get msg's about "Cannot Bind to Port XXXX"

> > How can I get around this?

> > Daniel

Other Threads