IdNNTP.Binding.CloseSocket

I just updated Indy 8 to Indy 8.1 Beta but now I get a Undeclared identifier
"Binding".

The code I was using to stop activity was "IdNNTP.Binding.CloseSocket".
Should I use IdNNTP.Disconnect now?

Thanks
Jo?o Paulo.

Re:IdNNTP.Binding.CloseSocket

"JP" <el...@runbox.com> wrote in message news:3b49e827_2@dnews...
> I just updated Indy 8 to Indy 8.1 Beta but now I get a Undeclared
identifier
> "Binding".

Indy 8.1 has a new construct called an IOHandler that abstracts IO
operations.  Binding has been moved there.  For socket-based IO use either
of the following to access Binding:

    (IOHandler as TIdIOHandlerSocket).Binding
    TIdIOHandlerSocket(IOHandler).Binding

> The code I was using to stop activity was "IdNNTP.Binding.CloseSocket".
> Should I use IdNNTP.Disconnect now?

I'd use TIdNNTP.Disconnect if you need to send the "QUIT" command to the
server, or
TIdNNTP.DisconnectSocket if you just want the connection closed.

hth...

Other Threads