3D engine w/src + animation + game editors

Hi everybody,
=============

I have Delphi 1.0 running on Win95.

I was wondering,

1.) Is there any 3D engine out there, with full
    source code available ?   Alternatively, is
    there a place where I could find components
    of such an engine, and assemble them myself
    to make up a whole engine ?

2.) Would it be possible to allow users to draw
    what's called a "path", and have graphical
    object move along it ?

3.) Would there be such thing as a "Game Editor"
    for Delphi ?   How does one approach a
    project of building such an editor ?

Thanks for any info you could help with,
Danny Alfonsi

Re:3D engine w/src + animation + game editors

> Hi everybody,
> =============

Hi!

> I have Delphi 1.0 running on Win95.

Oooh!

> I was wondering,

> 1.) Is there any 3D engine out there, with full
>     source code available ?   Alternatively, is
>     there a place where I could find components
>     of such an engine, and assemble them myself
>     to make up a whole engine ?

Yes, try Hori's "DelphiX" component set (and upgrade your delphi at
least to d4).

> 2.) Would it be possible to allow users to draw
>     what's called a "path", and have graphical
>     object move along it ?

I'm not sure. I think you must do it yourself.

> 3.) Would there be such thing as a "Game Editor"
>     for Delphi ?   How does one approach a
>     project of building such an editor ?

Any engine would require its own "Game Editor". So first find an engine.

No help, I know
with best wishes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.