Delphi & Native Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise

I' m having problems using native db connectivity for Sybase Adaptive
Server Enterprise 11.9.2, from within Delphi 5 Enterprise. I cannot get
any connection to our database. Any ideas? This will soon be replaced by
Sybase SQL Anywhere STUDIO 7.

I' d appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thank you,
Helen

  mpsvoul.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Delphi & Native Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise

Helen,
Most likely you did not setup a server alias using DSEDIT.EXE. Or at the
worst you might not have installed the client. It would help if you provide
the error message you get when connecting.

-- Reddy Palle.

"Helen Rahaniotou" <mpsv...@attglobal.net> wrote

> I' m having problems using native db connectivity for Sybase Adaptive
> Server Enterprise 11.9.2, from within Delphi 5 Enterprise. I cannot get
> any connection to our database. Any ideas?

Re:Delphi & Native Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise

When you write "native db," do you mean "NativeDB," from
http://www.nativedb.com? If so, that middleware works only with Adaptive
Server Anywhere, not Adaptive Server Enterprise. I use it with ASA and it
works great.

"Helen Rahaniotou" <mpsv...@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> I' m having problems using native db connectivity for Sybase Adaptive
> Server Enterprise 11.9.2, from within Delphi 5 Enterprise. I cannot get
> any connection to our database. Any ideas? This will soon be replaced by
> Sybase SQL Anywhere STUDIO 7.

Other Threads