BDE doesn't work with ORACLE 8i???

I've problems using Delphi 4 C/S with an ORACLE 8.1.5 (aka 8i) server.

The application that is running without any problem with an Oracle 8.0.4
produces ORA-03113 error (end of file on communication channel) with a
8.1.5 server during queries.

When I use the same SQL string from the SQL-window of Borland
DB-Explorer everything works fine. But with an TQuery-component from
within an application evertime I use it an error appears.

Therefore the question: Is BDE 5.01 not compatible anymore with Oracle
8.1.5 ??

Michael W. Steidl

Re:BDE doesn't work with ORACLE 8i???

Well, the Borland SQL-Window uses the same BDE that the TQuery does, so it
must be something else.
Mike
ps
If you can't resolve it you might want to try Direct Oracle Objects.
Michael W. Steidl wrote in message <372E0A9C.78F39...@eunet.at>...
>I've problems using Delphi 4 C/S with an ORACLE 8.1.5 (aka 8i) server.

>The application that is running without any problem with an Oracle 8.0.4
>produces ORA-03113 error (end of file on communication channel) with a
>8.1.5 server during queries.

>When I use the same SQL string from the SQL-window of Borland
>DB-Explorer everything works fine. But with an TQuery-component from
>within an application evertime I use it an error appears.

>Therefore the question: Is BDE 5.01 not compatible anymore with Oracle
>8.1.5 ??

>Michael W. Steidl

Re:BDE doesn't work with ORACLE 8i???

Hello Michael

the SQLExplorer uses the TTable instead of TQuery. That may be the reason.

We have reported some other bugs in ORACLE 8.0.5 and higher with the BDE
(FLOAT fields do not work > 1E18 with TQuerys and RequestLive).

I expect it's a similar problem in your case: TQUERY + ORACLE8

Regards

Gnther

Other Threads