StoredProcs with Oracle 7.3 and Delphi 2.0 CS

Hello,

I made some stored procedures in Oracle 7.3 for Delete, Update and Insert
records and they run OK, but now i need make a stored proc with a SELECT (I
want only a Result Set).

1) Can I make in Oracle a Stored Procedure that return to the client app. a
result set (Like a TQuery) ?.

2) If I can make a stored proc with a result set. This is more fast than a
TQuery from my client ?

Thanks in advance,

Adrin
Please help me

Re:StoredProcs with Oracle 7.3 and Delphi 2.0 CS

Adrin Zubira <azubi...@econet.cl> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I made some stored procedures in Oracle 7.3 for Delete, Update and Insert
> records and they run OK, but now i need make a stored proc with a SELECT
(I
> want only a Result Set).

> 1) Can I make in Oracle a Stored Procedure that return to the client app.
> result set (Like a TQuery) ?.

> 2) If I can make a stored proc with a result set. This is more fast than a
> TQuery from my client ?

> Thanks in advance,

> Adrin
> Please help me

Sorry, but oracle ver 7.3 can't building stored proc with a result set (like
MS SQL Server). :(((
But in most case's you don't need to use user sp with a result set, try
Oracle Views (fastest)
with function's

Re:StoredProcs with Oracle 7.3 and Delphi 2.0 CS

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:06:26 +0300, "Paul A. Pronko"

<pp...@belsoft.minsk.by> wrote:
>Sorry, but oracle ver 7.3 can't building stored proc with a result set (like
>MS SQL Server). :(((

Oracle v7.3 does allow you to return a result set from a stored
procedure.  However, you will need at least Delphi 3 to deal with the
appropriate parameter type of cursor.

-Todd

Other Threads