Problem loading/saving a file into a Database!!!

Hello!
I am (still) trying to load/insert a binary file into a Dbase Database
and after it save it again from the database to disk!

After some recommendations, I've tried it on the following ways:

   Table1.Open;
    Table1.Edit; // oder Append
    Table1EKG1.LoadFromFile(Filename);
    Table1.Post;
    Table1.Close;

and this other way

    if Table1.Active then
        begin
            Table1.Edit;
            try
                tBlobField (Table1.FieldByName
('EKG1')).LoadFromFile(FileName);
            except
                Table1.Cancel;
                raise;
           end;
       end
    else
        raise exception.create ('Table1 is not open.');

If I open afterwards into the .DBT File with an Hex_Editor or try to
save the file from the database to disk with the following code,

tBlobField (Table1.FieldByName ('EKG1')).SaveToFile(FileName);

bzw.

    Table1EKG1.SaveToFile(Filename);

the only thing I get is a File which is equal in size to the original
one, but it only contains zeros!!

e.g..:
Load file test.dat (23 Kb) with the code described above
After saving it to disk, I get a 23 Kb file with the following content:

00 00  00 00 00 00 ....

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Is there another
possibility to load/save a file into/from a database?

                    Christian Morgenstern