How do I send chars from Delphi app to MDI non-Delphi app

I am trying to automate a tester program by send charactes from my Delphi
application to a non-Delphi MDI application.

I do not have access to the source for the non-Delphi app.

Thanks, Shaun McDonough

Re:How do I send chars from Delphi app to MDI non-Delphi app

Hi Shaun

Try downloading Hotkeys. It's a utility that, amongst lots of other useful
things, can send keystrokes to other applications. It comes with complete
sourcecode. The code you need is in hkSend.pas. Download it from:
http://members.xoom.com/PostcardWare/hotkeys.htm

With best regards

Arjen Broeze

Shaun McDonough wrote in message ...

>I am trying to automate a tester program by send charactes from my Delphi
>application to a non-Delphi MDI application.

>I do not have access to the source for the non-Delphi app.

>Thanks, Shaun McDonough

Re:How do I send chars from Delphi app to MDI non-Delphi app

You can use SendMessage function to simulate it.
Read about it with WM_CHAR, WM_KEYDOWN, WM_KEYUP... parameters.

Fausto

Arjen Broeze <nospam.Arjen.Bro...@ict.nl> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:7v1kh0$rp...@tasmania.dev.ict.nl...

> Hi Shaun

> Try downloading Hotkeys. It's a utility that, amongst lots of other useful
> things, can send keystrokes to other applications. It comes with complete
> sourcecode. The code you need is in hkSend.pas. Download it from:
> http://members.xoom.com/PostcardWare/hotkeys.htm

> With best regards

> Arjen Broeze

> Shaun McDonough wrote in message ...

> >I am trying to automate a tester program by send charactes from my Delphi
> >application to a non-Delphi MDI application.

> >I do not have access to the source for the non-Delphi app.

> >Thanks, Shaun McDonough

Other Threads