Delphi 2: interrupt

I want to call an interrupt in Delphi 2.
(int 2F) but everytime i try, my pc hangs
with an exception error (0D).

Also i want to allocate memory below 1 mb.
I used to use GlobbalDosAlloc but this has
been removed now.

Tristan

Re:Delphi 2: interrupt

T.C.v.St...@stud.tue.nl heeft geschreven in bericht
<34E961ED.5...@stud.tue.nl>...
|I want to call an interrupt in Delphi 2.
|(int 2F) but everytime i try, my pc hangs
|with an exception error (0D).
|
|Also i want to allocate memory below 1 mb.
|I used to use GlobbalDosAlloc but this has
|been removed now.

You're obviously using NT, which was specifically designed to prevent
this
kind of fiddling...
Direct hardware access or using interrupts are not in the book
anymore, unless
you're prepared to write a protected mode device driver. This is about
the only
thing that you cannot do with Delphi...

Regards,
Dirk Claessens
Home   : <dirk.claess...@village.uunet.be>
Office : <dirk.claessens...@belgium.agfa.com>
Nothing will come of nothing.
Dare mighty things. (William Shakespeare)