Math unit missing from Delphi Desktop 2.0?

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a program for my Mechanical Engineering Thesis and need some of
the routines in the Math unit. According to Delphi Help (the updated ones)
the Math unit contains functions like ArcCos, Power, etc. I can write my
own functions for these, but they aren't optimized for use with a FPU like
those in the Math unit.

I've looked everywhere on my hard drive and on the Delphi CD-ROM, even
searching for all the files with the word ArcCos in them, but to no avail.

This being my first NewsGroup posting (Yes, I'm a Newbie!), I sure hope
someone can help me. I'm a registered user living in Cape Town, South
Africa, and can't find the Borland Support telephone number.

Thanks,

Theodor Kleynhans
(theo...@gem.co.za)

Re:Math unit missing from Delphi Desktop 2.0?

On 3 Aug 1996 23:37:44 GMT, "Theodor Kleynhans" <theo...@gem.co.za>
wrote:

>I'm writing a program for my Mechanical Engineering Thesis and need some of
>the routines in the Math unit. According to Delphi Help (the updated ones)
>the Math unit contains functions like ArcCos, Power, etc. I can write my
>own functions for these, but they aren't optimized for use with a FPU like
>those in the Math unit.

>I've looked everywhere on my hard drive and on the Delphi CD-ROM, even
>searching for all the files with the word ArcCos in them, but to no avail.

The Math unit comes with the Developer and Client/Server versions of
Delphi 2, not Desktop.
--
Ray Lischner                              li...@tempest-sw.com
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA  http://www.tempest-sw.com

Re:Math unit missing from Delphi Desktop 2.0?

Theodor Kleynhans <theo...@gem.co.za> wrote in article
<01bb8194$f3eda000$2da80ec4@theodor>...

> I'm writing a program for my Mechanical Engineering Thesis and need some
of
> the routines in the Math unit. According to Delphi Help (the updated
ones)
> the Math unit contains functions like ArcCos, Power, etc. I can write my
> own functions for these, but they aren't optimized for use with a FPU
like
> those in the Math unit.

Math Unit is only included with Developer & C/S, it does not come with
Delphi Desktop :-[ Not sure I understand the reasoning behind this...

--
Glenn Crouch: e...@gold.iap.net.au
Manager Software Development, ESB Consultancy

Other Threads