Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

How close values of Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot,
Next Transaction ?

Can we decrease Sweep interva into 10000 or 5000
(is this value increase performace ?)

TIA
Jayanto

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

Jayanto wrote:
> How close values of Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot,
> Next Transaction ?

> Can we decrease Sweep interva into 10000 or 5000
> (is this value increase performace ?)

> TIA
> Jayanto

Make sure that your App calls commit and keep transactions short.
 There should be no need to change the sweep interval.
  Regards Will.

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:06:24 +0700, Jayanto <jaya...@telkom.net>
wrote:

>How close values of Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot,
>Next Transaction ?

Normally the OIT and OAT should be very close to each other. The
difference between the OAT and the next transaction number depends on
the number of users with active transactions at any time.

>Can we decrease Sweep interva into 10000 or 5000
>(is this value increase performace ?)

You can change the sweep interval using gfix or IBConsole. However, a
sweep will only start when the difference between the OAT and the OIT
reaches the sweep interval. That will only happen if the OIT gets
stuck. The only thing that will stick the OIT without also sticking
the OAT is rolling back a very large transaction. Therefore, there is
usually not much point in changing the sweep interval.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:22:50 -0700, Bill Todd

<b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote:

>You can change the sweep interval using gfix or IBConsole. However, a
>sweep will only start when the difference between the OAT and the OIT
>reaches the sweep interval. That will only happen if the OIT gets
>stuck. The only thing that will stick the OIT without also sticking
>the OAT is rolling back a very large transaction. Therefore, there is
>usually not much point in changing the sweep interval.

What is condition to auto sweep will start ?.

In my Database when the difference between the OAT and the OIT
over then sweep interval (30000+), auto sweep not execute. But
after I stop and start Interbase,  auto sweep executed.

What is my mistake, or something wrong of my dataabase ?.

TIA
Jayanto

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

>In my Database when the difference between the OAT and the OIT
>over then sweep interval (30000+), auto sweep not execute. But
>after I stop and start Interbase,  auto sweep executed.

>What is my mistake, or something wrong of my dataabase ?.

Use IBConsole or gstat -h to display the header statistics for the
database. What is the sweep interval shown in the header statistics?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:33:12 -0700, Bill Todd

<b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote:

>>In my Database when the difference between the OAT and the OIT
>>over then sweep interval (30000+), auto sweep not execute. But
>>after I stop and start Interbase,  auto sweep executed.

>>What is my mistake, or something wrong of my dataabase ?.

>Use IBConsole or gstat -h to display the header statistics for the
>database. What is the sweep interval shown in the header statistics?

sweep interval is 20000 (never changed)

TIA

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

I have no idea why the sweep would not start. I have never heard of
this happening. You might try validating the database with gfix and
see if it reports any errors.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Oldest transaction, Active, Snapshot, Next Transaction values

Thank, I'll try.
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:12:44 -0700, Bill Todd
<b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote:
>I have no idea why the sweep would not start. I have never heard of
>this happening. You might try validating the database with gfix and
>see if it reports any errors.

Other Threads