Finding 16-bit BDE Alias?

Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out how to find out the directory an
application is installed in, to determine if we're upgrading or doing a
fresh install. The problem is that if the installed version is 16 bit, I
get an error message about problems initializing the BDE. Is there a way
to find the path a 16 bit BDE alias is pointing to from a 32 bit program
without forcing the user to install a 32 bit version of the BDE first?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Peter Kahle
Diamond Data Systems, Inc.
http://www.diamonddata.com/

Re:Finding 16-bit BDE Alias?

The BDE is a bunch of DLL's and you cannot use a 16 bit DLL from a 32 bit
Delphi program.

--
Bill Todd