Using Crystal Reports Designer Component in Delphi - Possible?

We are looking at possibly using the Crystal Designer and SmartViewer
component to integrate Crystal Reports into our Delphi Pharmacy application.
Currently, we cannot import the designer component for use in Delphi?  Has
anyone been able to?  The Crystal FAQ indicates it is only available from
within the VB IDE.  Any way to circumvent this?

If this functionality will be available only in Crystal 7.0, does anyone
know when it will be released, and how one might get involved in the Beta so
they can develop a product for release when Crystal 7.0 ships?