Any modelling tools that work with Borland's InterBase

Is there any data modelling tools (Silverrun, ERWin, ...) that
work with borland's InterBase.

I have called Borland's Regional Sales Representative and she
asked me if I was talking about ReportSmith (Stupid Error 1)

I then called Borland Technical Support and they had no idea
what Data Modelling Tool Delphi's Interbase would work with.  If
anyone has read the news release of Delphi 2.0 C/S Suite it says
on the bottom that there will be an expanded Open Tools API
which will allow third-party tools such as CSA SilverRun to
integrate with Delphi, but SilverRun does not yet support
InterBase.

Does Borland actually want us to buy Watcom SQL, or SyBase to
work with Delphi, or will they start doing something!!!

Anyway, if anyone knows any modelling tools working with
InterBase please E-mail me

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Lortie
Dan...@admin.coop.uottawa.ca
u637...@csi.uottawa.ca

Re:Any modelling tools that work with Borland's InterBase

In article <30B369F7.4...@admin.coop.uottawa.ca>, Dan...@admin.coop.uottawa.ca
says...

>Is there any data modelling tools (Silverrun, ERWin, ...) that
>work with borland's InterBase.

>I have called Borland's Regional Sales Representative and she
>asked me if I was talking about ReportSmith (Stupid Error 1)

>I then called Borland Technical Support and they had no idea
>what Data Modelling Tool Delphi's Interbase would work with.  If
>anyone has read the news release of Delphi 2.0 C/S Suite it says
>on the bottom that there will be an expanded Open Tools API
>which will allow third-party tools such as CSA SilverRun to
>integrate with Delphi, but SilverRun does not yet support
>InterBase.

>Does Borland actually want us to buy Watcom SQL, or SyBase to
>work with Delphi, or will they start doing something!!!

>Anyway, if anyone knows any modelling tools working with
>InterBase please E-mail me

>Thanks in advance,

>Daniel Lortie
>Dan...@admin.coop.uottawa.ca
>u637...@csi.uottawa.ca

Have not tried the optiom, but System Architect by Popkin has a schema
generator that includes Interbase as one of the target DBMS's.  Popkin is
based in New York, 212-571-3434.

Re:Any modelling tools that work with Borland's InterBase

S-Designer and StarDesigner from Powersoft support InterBase and I beleive
that Infomodler from Asymetrixs does as well.

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.                     phone 416-410-5166
58 Worthington Ave                   fax   905-773-9496
Richmond Hill, Ontario             Internet: schi...@mers.com
Canada  L4E 2S5                      CIS: 76456,1773

Client/Server Development using Delphi, InterBase and Oracle

Other Threads