A design for a Polygon drawing/editing component?

Hi,

I need to write some drawing utilities for a mapping application, and am
currently trying to get my head around drawing polygons (from user mouse
input and save/restore from database), but also allowing user to drag
polygon points and re-position them.
The repainting problems this is likely to cause is concerning me.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and what approach did you take?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Re:A design for a Polygon drawing/editing component?

In article <3bd97175_2@dnews>, Mike Down wrote:
> I need to write some drawing utilities for a mapping application, and am
> currently trying to get my head around drawing polygons (from user mouse
> input and save/restore from database), but also allowing user to drag
> polygon points and re-position them.
> The repainting problems this is likely to cause is concerning me.

> Has anyone had a similar problem, and what approach did you take?

I do it and don't do anything clever and don't have any problems. Try it
first and see what happens.

If you want to see it working grab
http://www.mgcsoft.com/programs/freeeq.zip (or .exe) about 1.4Mb

Use the Shape toolbutton>Lines>Multilines>Closed left click to define
points right click to finish. Move it around with the hand toolbutton
down.

Gordon

Other Threads