D6 + ADO slower than D5 + ADO

Hi,

I rebuilded with D6 a database client application that uses ADO that
worked fine with D5. The new EXE program works well but it runs slower
that the one builded with D5. After rebuilding it,  it consumes 10
seconds to start up and now up to 35 seconds!!

I didn't make any changes in the code so I'm wondering if I have to
configure ADO components in any other way than in D5.

I'm using MDAC 2.6 sp1 and I access db data mainly through TADODataSet
component.

Any idea???

Thanks in advance.

Dosi

Re:D6 + ADO slower than D5 + ADO

> I didn't make any changes in the code so I'm wondering if I have to
> configure ADO components in any other way than in D5.

Did you install the D6 update? If not, the update will fix this.

--
Vassil Nazarov
http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Re:D6 + ADO slower than D5 + ADO

Hi Vassil,

Yes I applied Update Pack #1.

Thanks.

Vassil Nazarov wrote:
> > I didn't make any changes in the code so I'm wondering if I have to
> > configure ADO components in any other way than in D5.

> Did you install the D6 update? If not, the update will fix this.

> --
> Vassil Nazarov
> http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Re:D6 + ADO slower than D5 + ADO

In Delphi 6 there has been a change in ADO with getting field information. I
forgot exactly what it was, but it does give a delay. I hope it will be
fixed in a next update.

Martijn Houtman

"Dosi" <dote...@nexo.es> wrote in message news:3C05211C.ABBDDD4D@nexo.es...
> Hi,

> I rebuilded with D6 a database client application that uses ADO that
> worked fine with D5. The new EXE program works well but it runs slower
> that the one builded with D5. After rebuilding it,  it consumes 10
> seconds to start up and now up to 35 seconds!!

> I didn't make any changes in the code so I'm wondering if I have to
> configure ADO components in any other way than in D5.

> I'm using MDAC 2.6 sp1 and I access db data mainly through TADODataSet
> component.

> Any idea???

> Thanks in advance.

> Dosi