SQL Explorer 4.00 table blocking SQL Svr 6.5

Is the SQL Explorer (v4.00) that shipped with Delphi 4 likely to cause
blocking and a timeout of a table for other users of MS SQL Server 6.5?

Eric Loos
Advanced Technologies

Re:SQL Explorer 4.00 table blocking SQL Svr 6.5

Yes.
As long as you are accessing the table from SQL Explorer you run the risk of
blocking all other users of SQL Server from that table.
We rarely use SQL Explorer anymore because of this.
Eric Loos wrote in message <7ocjs3$r...@forums.borland.com>...
>Is the SQL Explorer (v4.00) that shipped with Delphi 4 likely to cause
>blocking and a timeout of a table for other users of MS SQL Server 6.5?

>Eric Loos
>Advanced Technologies

Other Threads