Board index » delphi » QuickReport: QRDBText

QuickReport: QRDBText

Hi!

I use this compnent in a quick report and I linked it with a table as it
is said in the documentation, but I only get the first entry of that
table. How do I manage to get a list of that table entries by using that
qrdbtext component. I looked at my database explorer to see wether
there's just one entry inside that table, but there were more entries.
They are just not listed.

Thank you very much in advance,

Alex

--
Alexander Stirzel   Tel.: +49 171 3275662
E-Mail: alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de
*** Never offend people with style when you can ***
*** offend them with substance *** --Sam Brown

 

Re:QuickReport: QRDBText


- Add a TQuickRep
- Set DataSet to an active table
- Set Bands.HasDetail to True
- Put a TQRDBText on the detail band
- Set DataSet to the same table
- Set DataField to the field to display

To test: click with the right mouse button on the TQuickRep and select
Preview

"Alexander Stirzel" <alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de> schreef in
bericht news:3A66FD4D.EB10D2C5@informatik.uni-ulm.de...

Quote
> Hi!

> I use this compnent in a quick report and I linked it with a table as it
> is said in the documentation, but I only get the first entry of that
> table. How do I manage to get a list of that table entries by using that
> qrdbtext component. I looked at my database explorer to see wether
> there's just one entry inside that table, but there were more entries.
> They are just not listed.

> Thank you very much in advance,

> Alex

> --
> Alexander Stirzel   Tel.: +49 171 3275662
> E-Mail: alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de
> *** Never offend people with style when you can ***
> *** offend them with substance *** --Sam Brown

Re:QuickReport: QRDBText


Quote
"M.H. Avegaart" wrote:
> - Add a TQuickRep
> - Set DataSet to an active table
> - Set Bands.HasDetail to True
> - Put a TQRDBText on the detail band
> - Set DataSet to the same table
> - Set DataField to the field to display

I did that exactly, but still there's just ONE entry in the preview...
... but the table has (still) three entries.
The only thing is that there's just one entry in the QR.

I don't know why this is so...

--
Alexander Stirzel   Tel.: +49 171 3275662
E-Mail: alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de
*** Never offend people with style when you can ***
*** offend them with substance *** --Sam Brown

Re:QuickReport: QRDBText


You have to set TQuickRep DataSource.
When you do it QRep will traverse through all records and you'll get all
values in rows

Grendler
webfl...@mad.scientist.com

"Alexander Stirzel" <alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de> wrote in
message news:3A670716.A093DC10@informatik.uni-ulm.de...

Quote

> "M.H. Avegaart" wrote:

> > - Add a TQuickRep
> > - Set DataSet to an active table
> > - Set Bands.HasDetail to True
> > - Put a TQRDBText on the detail band
> > - Set DataSet to the same table
> > - Set DataField to the field to display

> I did that exactly, but still there's just ONE entry in the preview...
> ... but the table has (still) three entries.
> The only thing is that there's just one entry in the QR.

> I don't know why this is so...

> --
> Alexander Stirzel   Tel.: +49 171 3275662
> E-Mail: alexander.stir...@informatik.uni-ulm.de
> *** Never offend people with style when you can ***
> *** offend them with substance *** --Sam Brown

Other Threads