RichEdit98 - For your eyes only

Hi,
I want to be able to hide/show certain sections of text within a RichEdit
component. This could be achieved two ways, either I could make the
background the same colour as the font or preferably I could insert a hidden
text command at the start of the string/section.
Being new to RichText processing, I would like some advice how to find the
strings in the document. The strings could be identified by display
characteristics say red font + underline or by a character at the beginning
and end ie: { .. }. I imagine the routine is pretty similar to one which
identifies URLs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Trev

Re:RichEdit98 - For your eyes only

I haven't found any good way to search for text attributes. It seems you can
only check the attributes of the current selection so you have to
individually select and check each character. On the other hand, searching
for text is fast and easy.

--
Tim Borman
tbor...@nospam.prophase.com

Trevor Pegley wrote in message <7jlj68$5...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi,
>I want to be able to hide/show certain sections of text within a RichEdit
>component. This could be achieved two ways, either I could make the
>background the same colour as the font or preferably I could insert a
hidden
>text command at the start of the string/section.
>Being new to RichText processing, I would like some advice how to find the
>strings in the document. The strings could be identified by display
>characteristics say red font + underline or by a character at the beginning
>and end ie: { .. }. I imagine the routine is pretty similar to one which
>identifies URLs.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Trev

Other Threads