Can IBX be any easier (Real-time that is)

    I uses IBX for almost a year.  Right now,I have to do a
"commitretaining" and "locate" (Primary) for each table to get a real time
concurrent access (heavy data entry). Is there any other easier way on using
IBX besides this?

     I also try to create a new derived component  from IBX but I couldn't
install it
   into the palette. It shows error that IBX already contain "IBintf" and
won't let
   me install my comp.  Please help.

Re:Can IBX be any easier (Real-time that is)

"Jirayu W." wrote:

>     I uses IBX for almost a year.  Right now,I have to do a
> "commitretaining" and "locate" (Primary) for each table to get a real time
> concurrent access (heavy data entry). Is there any other easier way on using
> IBX besides this?

CommitRetaining does not move the cursor for any dataset since no Datasets don't
close.  I don't understand why you think you need to do a locate after a
CommitRetaining.

>      I also try to create a new derived component  from IBX but I couldn't
> install it
>    into the palette. It shows error that IBX already contain "IBintf" and
> won't let
>    me install my comp.  Please help.

You new package should only require vclib50.dcp.  You should not add any of the
IBX units to your new package itself.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Re:Can IBX be any easier (Real-time that is)

  Here is what I am doing in my code.  I want other people to see new data
at all time (after post)
        OnBeforePost
          PreKey := DataSet['Code'];

        OnAfterPost

          IBQuery1.CommitRetaining;
          IBQuery1.Close;
          IBQuery1.Open; <-------> so I can see new data entered by other as
well
          IBQuery1.Locate('Code',PreKey,[]);

          Doing this way turns application into an interactive data entry
with IBX.   My app needs to be very concurrent and interactive (People needs
to see changes immediately in sorted order).  Is this correct or it is a no
go?.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> "Jirayu W." wrote:

> >     I uses IBX for almost a year.  Right now,I have to do a
> > "commitretaining" and "locate" (Primary) for each table to get a real
time
> > concurrent access (heavy data entry). Is there any other easier way on
using
> > IBX besides this?

> CommitRetaining does not move the cursor for any dataset since no Datasets
don't
> close.  I don't understand why you think you need to do a locate after a
> CommitRetaining.

> >      I also try to create a new derived component  from IBX but I
couldn't
> > install it
> >    into the palette. It shows error that IBX already contain "IBintf"
and
> > won't let
> >    me install my comp.  Please help.

> You new package should only require vclib50.dcp.  You should not add any
of the
> IBX units to your new package itself.

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
> (Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
>  me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
>  asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Re:Can IBX be any easier (Real-time that is)

I suggest you just do a commit then if that is what you plan on doing it that
way so garbage collection can go on.  Setting ForcedRefresh to true will refresh
the current record.  You can also Refresh each record in the AfterScroll event
so you get the latest version of that record you are moving on to (of course
this requires you be in a ReadCommitted transaction mode).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
 me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
 asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Re:Can IBX be any easier (Real-time that is)

        You suggestion might be better since all my application data entry
is a form base
   instead of dbgrid.  Right now I will switch to IBDataSet to get the
fastest route on IBX
   to IB6.   Thanks.

> I suggest you just do a commit then if that is what you plan on doing it
that
> way so garbage collection can go on.  Setting ForcedRefresh to true will
refresh
> the current record.  You can also Refresh each record in the AfterScroll
event
> so you get the latest version of that record you are moving on to (of
course
> this requires you be in a ReadCommitted transaction mode).

> "Jirayu W." wrote:

> >   Here is what I am doing in my code.  I want other people to see new
data
> > at all time (after post)
> >         OnBeforePost
> >           PreKey := DataSet['Code'];

> >         OnAfterPost

> >           IBQuery1.CommitRetaining;
> >           IBQuery1.Close;
> >           IBQuery1.Open; <-------> so I can see new data entered by
other as
> > well
> >           IBQuery1.Locate('Code',PreKey,[]);

> >           Doing this way turns application into an interactive data
entry
> > with IBX.   My app needs to be very concurrent and interactive (People
needs
> > to see changes immediately in sorted order).  Is this correct or it is a
no
> > go?.

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
> (Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
>  me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
>  asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Other Threads