maximum number of record in Paradox table

Hello evereyone,

I am trying to add 280.000.000 records in a database for
a big distributed math project but afther 200.000 the BDE
comes back with a message TABLE FULL. Could anybody
tell me what the limits of the Paradox tables are? I have
tried to use the Microsoft Access database wich can hold up
to 1 Gb data but that database is remarkable slower and
when i'm adding 280 million record it takes so much memory
i don't think he wil make it to the end (100.000 record adding
does take 4 minutes on a Celeron 525 Mhz).

Does anyone know an alternative for this problem? Or is
280.000.000 just to much for any database used in the
BDE?

If that is can i use a SQL server? Is there a free one?

THanks a lot for your suggestions and answers.

greetings,

Barend de lange

Re:maximum number of record in Paradox table

> Barend de Lange wrote:

> I am trying to add 280.000.000 records in a database for
> a big distributed math project but afther 200.000 the BDE
> comes back with a message TABLE FULL. Could anybody
> tell me what the limits of the Paradox tables are?

The default block size for paradox tables is 2K, limiting the table to
128 MB. Setting the block size to multiples of 2 extends the limit
accordingly.
The maximum block size for Paradox tables is 64K ( = 4 GB).
________
Andreas

Other Threads