Accessing Access 97 Tables from Delphi3

I have Upgraded to version 5.01 of BDE and have Access 97 installed.

I have set up the Aliases correctly in the BDE administrator, and can view
the information stored in the tables in the Database Desktop.

When I try to set up a TTable component to point to this Alias I receive a
message saying that

"Your application is not enabled for use with this driver"

Can anyone help? I'm pulling my hair out.

Thanks in advance,

Dean Roker

dro...@globalnet.co.uk

Re:Accessing Access 97 Tables from Delphi3

>"Your application is not enabled for use with this driver"

This sounds as if you were trying to access the Access Tables using
ODBC with Delphi 3 Standard. This is only supported in the
Professional version (or was it C/S? Don't know).

The solution is to use the native MSACCESS Driver, which will also
work in the Standard edition.

I do not understand why Borland made the decision to restrict the one
and not the other.

Ciao, MM

--
Marian Aldenh?vel, Hainstra?e 8, 53121 Bonn, Germany
Tel: +49 228 624013 Fax: +49 228 624031

Other Threads