Calling Locate for one table posts changes in a second table

I need to check if the information entered is valid before I post the
changes to my TTable.  To check this, I call locate on a different
table, but this prematurely posts the changes in the first table.  I
can't seem to pinpoint what is triggering the post.  There is no
master-detail relationship, neither table has an OnDataChange or
AfterScroll event handler, and when I step through the code (F7), it
skips straight to the BeforePost event of the table.  What are some
possible causes of this?

Thanks

Re:Calling Locate for one table posts changes in a second table

I found the problem- the table I was calling Locate on had some lookup
fields defined that accessed the other table.
Darren Bedwell wrote:
> I need to check if the information entered is valid before I post the
> changes to my TTable.  To check this, I call locate on a different
> table, but this prematurely posts the changes in the first table.  I
> can't seem to pinpoint what is triggering the post.  There is no
> master-detail relationship, neither table has an OnDataChange or
> AfterScroll event handler, and when I step through the code (F7), it
> skips straight to the BeforePost event of the table.  What are some
> possible causes of this?

> Thanks

Other Threads