scrollbar & dbgrid

do i understand that properly that you cannot get the vertical scrollbar
work correctly (like the vertical scrollbar in a word document for
example) by writing some code ?

Peter

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

The dbGrid in rxLib2.6 seems to have a fix. Maybe you can check it out (the
source is included with rxLib).

Pierre

Peter Zeller <drzel...@t-online.de> wrote in message

> do i understand that properly that you cannot get the vertical scrollbar
> work correctly (like the vertical scrollbar in a word document for
> example) by writing some code ?

> Peter

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

>do i understand that properly that you cannot get the vertical scrollbar
>work correctly (like the vertical scrollbar in a word document for
>example) by writing some code ?

I suppose if you want to write your own grid you can get it to work anyway you
want but if you are referring to how the scrollbar on the standard dbGrid works
then that depends on the type of table you are working with and the version of
Delphi you are using.   For a Paradox table that is not filtered and with Delphi
3 or 4 my guess is that it works the way you want it.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

Brian

delphi 4, standard dbgrid, dbase

Peter

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

>delphi 4, standard dbgrid, dbase

A scroll bar that reflects record postilion is not supported for Dbase tables

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

???? Dbase is the only database supporting record position !
(Paradox simulates this feature but rec number can change depending on
applied ranges).

--
Olivier Dahan
oda...@{*word*104}cable.fr

> >delphi 4, standard dbgrid, dbase

> A scroll bar that reflects record postilion is not supported for Dbase
tables

> Brian
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:34:21 +0200, "od" <oda...@{*word*104}cable.fr> wrote:
>(Paradox simulates this feature but rec number can change depending on
>applied ranges).

Olivier,

It is exactly the ability of Paradox to use sequence numbers rather
than record numbers that makes it support the scrollbar in a DBGrid.

The dBase record number is no good for DBGrid because:
- deleted records still take a record number
- the record number will remain the same for a particular record even
if another index is used or if ranges are applied; it doesn't follow
the logical row position of the grid.

Jan

Re:scrollbar & dbgrid

>???? Dbase is the only database supporting record position !
>(Paradox simulates this feature but rec number can change depending on
>applied ranges).

A Paradox record number always indicates the records position in the table.
Which makes it quite easy to implement a scrollbar control that reflects record
postilion.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com