Quick report mailing labels

Help!

I am trying to create mailing labels using QuickReport. I have a
database with 5 address fields plus a post code(zip) field. Some of the
5 address lines may be blank and I want to ensure that the post code
line is immediately beneath the last used addresss line. Obviously I
also want to ensure that the labels are all the same size for printing.

I have tried to use child bands which doesn't seem to quite do what I
want and I don't really want to use an expression. Am I missimg
something?

Some decent documentation for QuickReport would help.

John Birch

Re:Quick report mailing labels

I agree that the QR documentation leaves much to be desired.  The help file
is full of references to topics that don't exist and the Word document
manual isn't much better.  However, Delphi 3 and the version of QR that
came with it, there is a predefined QR form for labels.  Click on File/New
then select the 'Forms' tab.  You will see a QuickReports Label form that
you can select.  It gives you a QR Form (actually a TQuickReport object
used as a form) with a detail band sized for standard 3-up labels.  You
just drop your TQRDBText or other printable components on the detail band
and add whatever coding you need to handle special situations.

John Birch wrote:
> Help!

> I am trying to create mailing labels using QuickReport. I have a
> database with 5 address fields plus a post code(zip) field. Some of the
> 5 address lines may be blank and I want to ensure that the post code
> line is immediately beneath the last used addresss line. Obviously I
> also want to ensure that the labels are all the same size for printing.

> I have tried to use child bands which doesn't seem to quite do what I
> want and I don't really want to use an expression. Am I missimg
> something?

> Some decent documentation for QuickReport would help.

> John Birch

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Other Threads