LIVE query with WHERE clause won't work in MS SQLServer

I got into trouble when running my application against an MS SQL Server
database (so far I have used Interbase and there all works fine).
It seems that "live" queries with where clauses won't work in MS SQL Server.
They result in "Could not find object" EDBEngineError. Either changing the
Request live property to False or omitting the where clause fixes
the problem (i.e., leads to other problems, due to the program design).
I use D2 C/S (with native SqlServer drivers), and D3 C/S seems to have
the same problem.

Has anyone else hit the same trouble and maybe found a way out of it
without changing the program logic? If so, please send me a direct
e-mail, too (skip the leading and trailing asterisks in the address).

Regards,
Olli-Pekka

Re:LIVE query with WHERE clause won't work in MS SQLServer

In article <5pft7h$cv...@ankka.csc.fi>,
   *olli-pekka.nousiai...@musti.vtkk.fi* (Olli-Pekka Nousiainen) wrote:

>I got into trouble when running my application against an MS SQL Server
>database (so far I have used Interbase and there all works fine).
>It seems that "live" queries with where clauses won't work in MS SQL Server.
>They result in "Could not find object" EDBEngineError. Either changing the
>Request live property to False or omitting the where clause fixes
>the problem (i.e., leads to other problems, due to the program design).
>I use D2 C/S (with native SqlServer drivers), and D3 C/S seems to have
>the same problem.

>Has anyone else hit the same trouble and maybe found a way out of it
>without changing the program logic? If so, please send me a direct
>e-mail, too (skip the leading and trailing asterisks in the address).

>Regards,
>Olli-Pekka

I do not know much about the sql server, however I have found comparable
problems with Oracle 7. Live result sets can only be obtained using a full
key. I think this has to do with the building of temporary result files which
are created using a 'where' clause.
I was not able to solve the problem so I'm using update sql. It works fine,
but might slow things a little. Depending on the type of operation this can be
solved by using transactions. If anyone has the key, I'd be interested

Regards
 Albert Drent

Other Threads