Programmatic Interbase login?

I'm writing an unattended application that accesses an Interbase
database. At the moment, when I first connect to the database, a little
dialogue box comes up demanding a username and password.

My connection to the database results from executing a TQuery. Is there
any way of programmatically supplying the login data, so that the
dialogue box doesn't come up?

Peter Payzant
Halifax, NS Canada

(peter.payz...@nspower.ns.ca)

Re:Programmatic Interbase login?

In article <DFxr6v....@cs.dal.ca> aa...@ccn.cs.dal.ca (Peter Payzant) writes:
>I'm writing an unattended application that accesses an Interbase
>database. At the moment, when I first connect to the database, a little
>dialogue box comes up demanding a username and password.
>My connection to the database results from executing a TQuery. Is there
>any way of programmatically supplying the login data, so that the
>dialogue box doesn't come up?

Yeah.. there is. Use a TDatabase-Component and set the properties "LoginPrompt"
and "Connected" to False. Then use the OnLogin-Event to set the
TDatabase.ParamByName('USER NAME') and ...('PASSWORD') by the
trigger-procedure.

>Peter Payzant
>Halifax, NS Canada

Guido Bertsche (berts...@quantum.de)