TTCP not behaving

In article <928409202.25607.0.nnrp-13.c1c3e...@news.demon.co.uk>,
phil...@demon.net.nospam_please says...

>The session object creates a new TTCP and Accepts the connection, and the
>connection goes through.  Some text is transmitted back to the remote
>client, and this works fine.  However, the problem is that I can't seem to
>set the newly created socket's OnDataArrival property.  Delphi doesn't
>complain about anything, there are no syntax errors, I just don't get any
>notifications.

I've also experienced notification problems when working with the TTCP
component. My workaround: use another TCP component. I use the TClientSocket
and TServerSocket Delphi components, and it works nicely (it requires some more
programming though).

--
Christo Crause
Thermal Separations Research

Re:TTCP not behaving

Are these actually TTCP components (ie: tcp for transactions) or is it just
a tcp component (mis)labeled TTCP?

I'm pretty delphi ignorant

Christo Crause wrote in message <7jfr50$bo...@news.adamastor.ac.za>...
>In article <928409202.25607.0.nnrp-13.c1c3e...@news.demon.co.uk>,
>phil...@demon.net.nospam_please says...

>>The session object creates a new TTCP and Accepts the connection, and the
>>connection goes through.  Some text is transmitted back to the remote
>>client, and this works fine.  However, the problem is that I can't seem to
>>set the newly created socket's OnDataArrival property.  Delphi doesn't
>>complain about anything, there are no syntax errors, I just don't get any
>>notifications.

>I've also experienced notification problems when working with the TTCP
>component. My workaround: use another TCP component. I use the
TClientSocket
>and TServerSocket Delphi components, and it works nicely (it requires some
more
>programming though).

>--
>Christo Crause