protected mode bgi drivers

I have bgi-drivers (e.g. SVGA16.BGI) which "should" work in the prtected
mode. But if I try to activate the graphics-screen in a program I have
compiled for protected mode the computer crashes down.
Who can tell me what I am doing wrong ..?

Re:protected mode bgi drivers

Hamit Hacioglu <ciphh...@student.e-technik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote in
article <35A08818.7...@student.e-technik.uni-stuttgart.de>...

> I have bgi-drivers (e.g. SVGA16.BGI) which "should" work in the prtected
> mode. But if I try to activate the graphics-screen in a program I have
> compiled for protected mode the computer crashes down.
> Who can tell me what I am doing wrong ..?

First make sure that your graphics card supports the high resolution
16-color modes that you are trying to use. Some recent cards, ATI 3d Rage
Pro for instance, do not support any high resolution VESA mode in 16 colors
(modes 102h, 104h and 106h). Then ... complain to the card manufacturer. I
already did ... with no success!
Olivier Avenel    SPEC / CEA-Saclay   91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex  France
ave...@spec.saclay.cea.fr   (33-1) 69 08 91 04   FAX: (33-1) 69 08 87 86

Other Threads