getting a result set back from and Oracle Stored Procedure

I've tried google for an answer to this and found lots of questions but not
answers.  I'm using Delphi 5.02 Enterprise, Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle OLEDB
provider for Oracle 9i.

I've created a stored procedure in Oracle that has an in-out parameter of
type ref cursor.  It works find in sqlplus.  In Delphi, it I add a
TADOStoredProc or TADODataSet set to stored procedure to my data module then
look at the parameters, the cursor parameter is identified as ftInterface.
Attempting to set the stored procedure to active results in an error that
says something about invalid or inconsistent parameters.  Delphi will not
allow me to change the parameter type to ftCursor.  I've also tried creating
the TADOStoredProc object at runtime with the same results.

================================
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: (919) 966-5878
Fax: (919) 962-5840
Email: ray_por...@unc.edu
Web: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon

Re:getting a result set back from and Oracle Stored Procedure

Hello Ray,

have alook at http://www.allroundautomations.nl

this are THE Oracle components for delphi on the market

I am quite shure that you have a Oracle-ADO Problem

Bernhard Hartl

"Ray Porter" <ray_por...@unc.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I've tried google for an answer to this and found lots of questions but
not
> answers.  I'm using Delphi 5.02 Enterprise, Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle OLEDB
> provider for Oracle 9i.

> I've created a stored procedure in Oracle that has an in-out parameter of
> type ref cursor.  It works find in sqlplus.  In Delphi, it I add a
> TADOStoredProc or TADODataSet set to stored procedure to my data module
then
> look at the parameters, the cursor parameter is identified as ftInterface.
> Attempting to set the stored procedure to active results in an error that
> says something about invalid or inconsistent parameters.  Delphi will not
> allow me to change the parameter type to ftCursor.  I've also tried
creating
> the TADOStoredProc object at runtime with the same results.

> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

> --
> ================================
> Ray Porter
> Applications Analyst Programmer
> Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> Phone: (919) 966-5878
> Fax: (919) 962-5840
> Email: ray_por...@unc.edu
> Web: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon

Re:getting a result set back from and Oracle Stored Procedure

Thanks, Bernhard.  I'll take a look.

Ray

"Bernhard Hartl" <Bernhard.Ha...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello Ray,

> have alook at http://www.allroundautomations.nl

> this are THE Oracle components for delphi on the market

> I am quite shure that you have a Oracle-ADO Problem

> Bernhard Hartl

> "Ray Porter" <ray_por...@unc.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I've tried google for an answer to this and found lots of questions but
> not
> > answers.  I'm using Delphi 5.02 Enterprise, Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle OLEDB
> > provider for Oracle 9i.

> > I've created a stored procedure in Oracle that has an in-out parameter
of
> > type ref cursor.  It works find in sqlplus.  In Delphi, it I add a
> > TADOStoredProc or TADODataSet set to stored procedure to my data module
> then
> > look at the parameters, the cursor parameter is identified as
ftInterface.
> > Attempting to set the stored procedure to active results in an error
that
> > says something about invalid or inconsistent parameters.  Delphi will
not
> > allow me to change the parameter type to ftCursor.  I've also tried
> creating
> > the TADOStoredProc object at runtime with the same results.

> > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

> > --
> > Ray Porter
> > Applications Analyst Programmer
> > Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> > Phone: (919) 966-5878
> > Fax: (919) 962-5840
> > Email: ray_por...@unc.edu
> > Web: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon