Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

Someone can help me.
I am not able to connect the alias to a MS SQL 2000 (Windows trust)

It's possible ?

Nic

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

Nicola wrote in message <3c99aaf9_1@dnews>...
>Someone can help me.
>I am not able to connect the alias to a MS SQL 2000 (Windows trust)

>It's possible ?

Yes, many do it. This should help:

Robert

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

Nic,

Please check again the post on 3/11/2002 "Trusted Connection problem" -- one
solution was to use an older version of NTWDBLIB.DLL.

You will be well advised to use ADO to connect to SQL 2000, however.

-Jim

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:43:55 -0000, "Nicola" <nicol...@libero.it>
wrote:

>Someone can help me.
>I am not able to connect the alias to a MS SQL 2000 (Windows trust)

As of SQL Server v7 (and 2000), using the BDE to connect to SQL Server
is no longer really supported - the way the BDE connects to SQL Server
(through the MS dbLib) is no longer updated, any new features and data
types are not available to the BDE.

You're a lot better off using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2000 !

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

ADO it's better than SDAC component ?
I've tried and SDAC is faster (200%)

http://www.crlab.com/sdac.html

"Jim Elden" <x@yz> ha scritto nel messaggio news:3c99e230$1_1@dnews...

> Nic,

> Please check again the post on 3/11/2002 "Trusted Connection problem" --
one
> solution was to use an older version of NTWDBLIB.DLL.

> You will be well advised to use ADO to connect to SQL 2000, however.

> -Jim

> "Nicola" <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c99aaf9_1@dnews...
> > Someone can help me.
> > I am not able to connect the alias to a MS SQL 2000 (Windows trust)

> > It's possible ?

> > Nic

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

I need the Alias only to use the DataPump.
I'd like to use SDAC for the application.

"Nicola" <nicol...@libero.it> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Someone can help me.
> I am not able to connect the alias to a MS SQL 2000 (Windows trust)

> It's possible ?

> Nic

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

200%?  Just curious, how did you come up with that number?

krf

Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c99ea41_2@dnews...
> ADO it's better than SDAC component ?
> I've tried and SDAC is faster (200%)

> http://www.crlab.com/sdac.html

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

I have put ADO e SDAC i have made an open and a
while not eof
  next

in a 200 record table.

I write in a log file the now time with millisec.

I try befor open ADO e then SDAC and after i relaunch the application before
SDAC and after ADO.
All this for 5 times and i sum the time for ADO and SDAC.

"Kevin Frevert" <kfrev...@midwayusa.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> 200%?  Just curious, how did you come up with that number?

> krf

> Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c99ea41_2@dnews...
> > ADO it's better than SDAC component ?
> > I've tried and SDAC is faster (200%)

> > http://www.crlab.com/sdac.html

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

I've been able to cycle through several thousand records using ADO in just a
few seconds, the "trick" was call the DisableControls method (even if there
are no databound controls).  For my tests (similar to yours), I didn't
notice any significant performance difference between ADO and the BDE.   Of
course, mileage varies (network traffic, server resources, indexes, client
resources, etc)

krf

Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c99f6b2_2@dnews...
> I have put ADO e SDAC i have made an open and a
> while not eof
>   next

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

My test dont use BDE, but

ADO vs SDAC (payment component).

> I've been able to cycle through several thousand records using ADO in just
> few seconds, the "trick" was call the DisableControls method (even if
there
> are no databound controls).  For my tests (similar to yours), I didn't
> notice any significant performance difference between ADO and the BDE.
Of
> course, mileage varies (network traffic, server resources, indexes, client
> resources, etc)

> krf

> Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c99f6b2_2@dnews...
> > I have put ADO e SDAC i have made an open and a
> > while not eof
> >   next

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

Do you know what difference could be?  ADO and SDAC both access the OLE-DB
layer ('under-the-hood' they have to be doing the same thing).  Try calling
the DisableControls method, do you still get the 200% difference?  If so, I
might be adding another tool to my tool box.

Thanks,
krf

Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c9a05e6_2@dnews...
> My test dont use BDE, but

> ADO vs SDAC (payment component).

Re:Delphi 6 + BDE connection to MS SQL 2000

I'm going to home.
I'll try tomorrow.

Hi

> Do you know what difference could be?  ADO and SDAC both access the OLE-DB
> layer ('under-the-hood' they have to be doing the same thing).  Try
calling
> the DisableControls method, do you still get the 200% difference?  If so,
> might be adding another tool to my tool box.

> Thanks,
> krf

> Nicola <nicol...@libero.it> wrote in message news:3c9a05e6_2@dnews...
> > My test dont use BDE, but