Problem with large BLOB in a SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE database

I'm working on a small program to precess data from a SYBASE SQL
ANYWHERE database. The databse was created woth a VB5 program. My
problem is that I cannot read data from large BLOB fields. As long as
the BLOB field contains less than 32K everything is alrigth. Above 32K I
read completely wrong data. It seems that the data that should be read
from a large BLOB actually is read from the 'small' BLOb I read just
before the large one.

I tried changing all kinds of setting in the BDE but I didn't succeed in
fixing the problem.

Re:Problem with large BLOB in a SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE database

>> As long as the BLOB field contains less than 32K everything is alrigth. Above 32K I
>>read completely wrong data

What version of the BDE are you using?

Try downloading the latest from the Borland Developer Support WWW site...

===
Bill

Re:Problem with large BLOB in a SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE database

Herman

The problem is in the ODBC driver. Go to the Sybase SQLA home page and
download the latest patch (now at V 5.5.04).  This fixes the problem.

Derek Davidson
Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components for Delphi from my web site:
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Now Includes INFOPOWER Derived components and a demo

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads